10:13. Back window glass electrical heating
The heating element of glass of a window of a back consists of the horizontal conducting strips connected on both parties by vertical tires. One tire is connected with "+" the onboard power supply network, another — to "mass" of a body. Supply voltage of an electric heater is 12 Century.
If after inclusion of an electrical heating the surface of glass remained crude, check a control lamp or the voltmeter whether there is a supply voltage on conclusions of a heating element of glass. For this purpose connect a control lamp (or the voltmeter) to a conclusion "+" an electric heater and "mass" of a body. If supply voltage is absent, check an electrical wiring of a power-supply circuit of an element and eliminate malfunction.
If the power-supply circuit of a heating element is serviceable, check serviceability of its conducting strips.
An inspection is carried out at the working engine and the included electrical heating. Serially measure by the voltmeter tension on all strips, having connected one conclusion of the voltmeter to "mass" of a body, and another it is consecutive to conducting strips. If tension measured by the voltmeter in the beginning and the end of strips, equally and approximately equally in tension of the rechargeable battery check reliability of contact of a "mass" wire of a heating element with a car body.
Tension on a strip has to decrease in process of removal of the place of connection of the voltmeter from the tire of positive polarity of an element. Tension needs to be measured at least in two places at identical distance from a symmetry axis to exclude probability of the admission of the damaged site. At detection of discrepancy of indications on one of strips move contact of a wire of the voltmeter along this strip until tension does not become equal to zero. Sharp undervoltage indicates a rupture of a strip in this place. Note on the external surface of glass a piece of chalk or a steklograf the place of a gap for the subsequent repair of the damaged site.
For repair of a heating element it is possible to use one of the special sets which are available on sale. In spite of the fact that sets are made by different producers, their structure is approximately identical and all of them are supplied with the instruction for application. The standard operating procedure with these sets is given below.
1. Remove the site of a strip 6 mm long from each side of the damaged place.
2. Wipe the damaged place with the pure fabric moistened in alcohol.
3. Paste on glass in the place of damage of a strip a repair adhesive tape or two pieces of a usual adhesive tape from above and from below the repaired site, and the distance between pieces of an adhesive tape has to correspond to width of a conducting strip on glass.
4. Carefully mix a hardener with the main structure of silvery color. If the hardener thickened, place packing with it in hot water and wait when the hardener becomes liquid.
5. Apply with a wooden shovel composition on the repaired site and remove an adhesive tape.
6. Install the heater at distance of 25 mm from the damaged place and heat composition within 1–2 min. The minimum temperature of heating is 149 °C.
In some sets the structure should not be heated: it will be polymerized at the room temperature.
7. If after drying the strip became colourless, apply on it with a brush the tinting iodic structure — color of a strip will be restored. After the iodic structure dries up during 30 with, wipe pure fabric without pile its surplus. During polymerization of the repair composition proceeding 24 h exclude any mechanical impact on the repaired site of a strip.
8. Include and check work of a heating element of back glass.
If the wire came off the tire, solder it the solder containing 3% of silver and gloss oil paste as gumboil in the following order.
1. Clear the place of the soldering on the tire and a wire vein.
2. Apply with a brush on the connected places of a wire and the tire of a little gloss oil paste.
3. Apply a thin film of solder on a wire vein.
4. Solder a wire to the tire, avoiding an overheat of the connected details.