17.1.2. Safe raising of the car
For safe raising of the car a jack it is necessary to execute the following.
1. Install the car on a plain firm surface.
2. Before rise exempt the car from foreign objects. In advance get from a luggage carrier all necessary for repair (spare parts, tools) as access to the lifted car can be complicated or impossible.
3. Establish a jack only under those places which are for this purpose intended. Power elements of a body are in these parts specially thickened and have the increased durability.
4. Enclose an antiretractable emphasis under car wheels from outside, opposite lifted.
5. For prevention of a flash and cave-in of a jack to the earth enclose under it a board (20х20х2 cm).
6. Bring a persistent head to a car body, at the same time the jack has to be established perpendicular to a basic surface.
7. Before lifting the car a jack on the required height, attentively double-check whether it tilted in any party.
8. Establish support only under the places which are specially intended for raising of the car too. Between a support and a body of the car enclose rubber or wooden laying.
9. Establish a three-legged support so that two of her legs were from a car body, and one – outside.
When using for raising of the car of the elevator observe the following safety requirements.
1. During rise and lowering of the car it is forbidden to be near it in order to avoid accident.
2. If there was a danger of falling of the car, immediately leave a dangerous zone.
3. Correctly have on the elevator the car center of gravity to avoid its falling.
4. Protect legs not to press their paws of the elevator or car wheels when lowering.
5. Do not make excessive effort for governing bodies of the elevator.
6. Only the qualified personnel has to operate the elevator.
7. Do not allow excessive rocking of the car on the elevator.
8. Establish paws of the elevator only under those places which are for this purpose intended. Power elements of a body are in these parts specially thickened and have the increased durability.
9. At removal of heavy knots and units from the car which is on the elevator establish additional support.