2.5. Preparation of the car for departure
Before departure check technical condition of the car. You will spend no more than ten minutes, but will be sure of serviceability of systems and units of the car. Check needs to be carried out also at daily operation of the car even if it seems to you that everything works perfectly. A part of works can be carried out to time of warming up of the engine, having saved several minutes.
1. Approaching the parking lot, pay attention whether is not present under the car of traces of leak of oil or operational liquids. Whenever possible eliminate a leak before departure.
2. Surely check air pressure in tires and if necessary finish it to recommended for this type of tires. The difference of values of pressure within 0,2–0,3 kgfs/cm2 can worsen controllability parameters, smoothness of the course of the car and to lead to an undesirable drift or demolition when braking. Because of the lowered pressure in tires the protector wears out quicker and more fuel is spent.
3. Bypass around the car. Check the following:
– completeness of removable details (screen wiper brush, external mirrors, etc.);
– integrity of glasses of a body, lenses of headlights and lamps. Do not postpone replacement of the broken lenses. Replace the burst glasses of a body as soon as possible;
– condition of tires. At radial tires soft sidewalls. Tires with nominal internal pressure look lowered a little. Remember their appearance (draft);
– existence and condition of registration plates.
Headlights, front position lamps, back lamps and registration plates have to be pure.
4. Check oil level in a case of the engine and if necessary bring it to norm.
5. Check levels of brake fluid in a tank of the main brake cylinder and cooling liquid in a broad tank. If necessary add liquids to norm.
6. If the car is equipped by the hydraulic amplifier of steering, check the level of working liquid in a tank of the hydraulic booster. If necessary bring it to norm.
7. We recommend to check whenever possible oil level in the transmission and if necessary to add oil.
8. Check operation of the parking brake. For this purpose, lifting the lever against the stop, count the number of clicks. If clicks more than eight, the parking brake has to be adjusted.
9. Check serviceability of a sound signal.
10. Check work of headlights, back lamps, an additional stoplight and indexes of turn. Replace faulty lamps (see. "Replacement of lamps"
11. Check operation of instrumentations, a cleaner and washer of a windshield.
12. Before a trip surely check operation of the brake system on the motionless car, having pressed a brake pedal. If the pedal without resistance "failed" to a floor, so the brake system is faulty. Operation of such car is forbidden.
Before a distant trip and after a long break in operation check a condition of a spare wheel, complete the car with tools and accessories.
In case of failure detection make the decision (taking into account requirements of Traffic regulations) on the beginning of a trip or car repairs.