4.1.1. Safety regulations
1. Any works on repair or maintenance of the car have to be carried out in the spacious, well ventilated and lit room.
2. The workshop equipment (load-lifting mechanisms, machines, electric tools) has to be specially adapted for performance of repair operations with the car (for example, for power supply of figurative lighting fixtures it is desirable to use sources of low voltage – 36 or 12 V, but not 220 V).
3. You do not smoke and do not use naked flame indoors where there is a car, fuels and lubricants, etc.
4. During the work with the metalwork tool use gloves — they will protect hands not only from dirt, but also from scratches and cuts.
5. From below of the car perform any works in goggles.
6. For carrying out body repair (filling, painting, grinding) put on a respirator and provide additional ventilation of the room.
7. Carry out the works connected with removal installation of heavy knots and units of the car with the assistant.
8. Capacities with fuel and lubricants and the paints and varnishes which are stored in a workshop have to be always densely closed. Do not allow finding of such materials in a zone of falling of sparks when using the metal-cutting tool.
9. Do not allow hit of the oils which are (especially fulfilled) of antifreeze and electrolyte on open sites of skin. In case of hit wash away as soon as possible soap solution.
10. Do not use gasoline, diesel fuel, solvents, etc. for cleaning of skin of hands.
11. Remember that improper maintenance of electric equipment and fuel equipment can lead to the fire. If there is no confidence in the knowledge of service of the specified systems, address experts better. If nevertheless it is decided to perform work independently, strictly follow all recommendations and preventions.
12. Observe extra care at car repairs, the belts equipped with safety cushions or prednatyazhitel. Do not try to repair independently knots of these systems (an electronic control unit safety cushions, modules of safety cushions, a steering wheel, blow sensors, prednatyazhitel of belts, etc.) as the wrong performance of work can lead to operation of these devices and, as a result, to severe injuries. When performing any works in a zone of an arrangement of these devices attentively study all recommendations and preventions.
13. The tools and the equipment used at car repairs have to be in good repair. Special attention needs to be paid to a condition of isolation of electric wires.
14. At service of the cars equipped with the air conditioning system do not allow depressurization of system as the coolant which is contained in it is poisonous.
For safe raising of the car a jack it is necessary to carry out the following.
1. Install the car on a plain firm surface.
2. Before rise exempt the car from foreign objects. In advance take away from a luggage carrier all necessary for repair (spare parts, tools) as access to the lifted car can be complicated or impossible.
3. Establish a jack only under those places which are for this purpose intended. Power elements of a body are in these parts specially thickened and have the increased durability.
4. Enclose an antiretractable emphasis under car wheels from outside, opposite lifted.
5. For prevention of a flash and cave-in of a jack to the earth enclose under it a board (20х20х2 cm).
6. Bring a persistent head to a car body. At the same time the jack has to stand perpendicular to a basic surface.
7. Before lifting the car a jack on the required height, attentively double-check whether it tilted in any party.
8. Support should be established also only under the places which are specially intended for raising of the car. Between a support and a body of the car enclose rubber or wooden laying.
9. Establish a three-legged support so that two of her legs were from a car body, and one — outside.
When using for raising of the car of the elevator observe the following safety requirements.
1. During rise and lowering of the car it is forbidden to be near it in order to avoid accident.
2. If there was a danger of falling of the car, immediately leave a dangerous zone.
3. Correctly have the car center of gravity on the elevator to avoid its falling.
4. Protect legs not to press their paws of the elevator or car wheels when lowering.
5. Do not make excessive effort for governing bodies of the elevator.
6. Only the qualified personnel has to operate the elevator.
7. Do not allow excessive rocking of the car on the elevator.
8. Establish paws of the elevator only under those places which are for this purpose intended. Power elements of a body are in these parts specially thickened and have the increased durability.
9. At removal of heavy knots and units from the car installed on the elevator establish additional support.