9.11.1. Adjustment of the drive of the parking brake
For preliminary check of correctness of adjustment of the drive of the parking brake lift the drive lever up to an emphasis, at the same time you have to hear 6–8 clicks of the ratchet device. If the number of clicks does not keep within the specified interval or the car is not kept by the parking brake (see. "Check of the parking brake"
), adjust the drive. The adjusting knot of the drive of the parking brake is located in salon under facing of a tunnel of a floor.
It will be required to you: a key "on 10", the screw-driver with a crosswise edge.
The seat of the driver is removed for descriptive reasons. To get access to fastenings of facing and to adjusting knot of the drive of the parking brake, it is not required to remove a seat.
2. Check correctness of adjustment of gaps between brake shoes and drums of brake mechanisms of back wheels. For this purpose several times strongly press a brake pedal at the lever of the drive of the parking brake lowered against the stop down. If gaps there is more norm, by each pressing a pedal in brake mechanisms clicks of the working mechanisms of adjustment of gaps will be heard. The termination of clicks means the end of adjustment.
3. You will hang out a back part of the car and establish it on reliable support.
4. Lower the drive lever down to an emphasis and rotate an adjusting nut clockwise, periodically checking ease of rotation of back wheels. Screw an adjusting nut on a cable tip until emergence of well notable resistance to their rotation.
5. Turn off an adjusting nut until liberation of back wheels.
6. Lifting the drive lever up to an emphasis, check the number of clicks of the ratchet device of the lever. If the number of clicks does not keep within the interval given above, repeat adjustment. If repeated adjustment did not possible to achieve desirable result, check a condition of brake shoes of brake mechanisms of back wheels, brake drums and cables of the drive. Replace faulty details (see the corresponding subsections) and adjust the drive of the parking brake as it is described above.
7. Install the car on wheels.
8. Establish a back part of facing of a tunnel of a floor as it should be, the return to removal.