2.2.2. Going to a long journey
In a long journey, especially if a route unfamiliar, it is necessary to count only on himself and spare parts in a luggage carrier. The full list of necessary spare parts, tools and expendables which can be useful is given below. You can change it for own reasons. But even if you are not able to repair the car at all, do not reduce the number of spare parts or tools. In emergency situation, of course, it is possible to stop the passing car, to address on any motor depot or to roadside car service, but happens so that this spare part (tool) it can not appear, and in shop of spare parts — day off.
Going to a long journey, in addition take the following.
1. Additional tool kit:
– big hammer;
– screw-drivers with flat and crosswise edges of three sizes: small, average and big (power);
– a set of heads from "8" to "32" with extenders, a neck, a graggers and Cardan;
– set of keys hexagons from "2" to "10";
– a key for pumping of brakes and a thin hose 15-20 cm long;
– center punch;
– a file with a notch of the average size;
– additional assembly shovel;
– hank of a knitting wire;
– maslobenzostoyky sealant;
– several screw collars of different diameter.
2. A support under a jack — wooden whetstone of 40х250х250 mm. A support (trestle type) for work under the car.
3. Canister of engine oil.
4. An antifreeze canister – 1 l (in the winter – 5 l).
5. Oil for a dolivka in the hydraulic booster of steering – 1 l.
6. Oil for a dolivka in the transmission – 1 l.
7. A bottle of brake fluid – 0,5 l.
8. Litol-24 lubricant tube.
9. A canister from 10 l of gasoline.
10. A special funnel for the mouth of the fuel tank having the narrowing excluding filling with ethylated gasoline.
11. A hose for gasoline transfusion.
12. Special set for repair of tubeless tires without razbortovka or sealant for wheels.
13. Screen wiper brushes.
14. The checked thermostat.
15. The checked temperature sensor.
16. Set of spare brake shoes.
17. Brake hoses (on the car there are hoses of the different sizes, to have on one each size).
18. Couple of bolts of fastening of a wheel.
19. A box with bolts, nuts and washers (on 2–3 pieces from M5 to M10), and also with forelocks.
20. In the winter — defroster of glasses and "a liquid key" for locks.
21. The reinforced adhesive tape for repair of hoses.
22. A lamp on batteries or accumulators and a spare set of batteries to it.
23. Matches, hatchet.
24. Strong rope or cord.
25. Working gloves.
26. Something from working clothes.
27. Means for cleaning of hands.
28. A rug for work under car.
29. A soft pencil (it is possible a felt-tip pen), several sheets of paper or a notebook.